24 June 2004 Edition
Imeachtaí and Draw Results
• POST ELECTION FUNCTION: Featuring the Irish Brigade. 9pm Friday 25 June, Brookwood Inn, Corduff, DUBLIN. Tickets €7
• VOLUNTEER COMMEMORATION: For Volunteer Dermot Crowley. Assemble 8pm Friday 25 June, Rathcooney Fruit Farm, County Cork. RF in attendance
• BENEFIT FUNCTION: Wolfe Tone Society Benefit Social featuring the excellent Banna Strand. Saturday 26 June at Mannions (Prince Arthur), Broad Lane, LONDON , England. Starts 9pm till late. Tickets £3. Nearest tube station Seven sisters/Tottenham Hale. 9 till late. Tickets usual outlets. For further information contact 07876484391 or 0208 4428778 or write to WTS Bm Box 6191, London WC1N 3XX or email: [email protected]
• REPUBLICAN COMMEMORATION: For Volunteer Jackie Griffith. Assemble 2.30pm Saturday 3 July, Ringsend Church, Ringsend, DUBLIN. Followed by function in Becky Morgan's, Grand Canal Street
• SF FUNCTION: Featuring the Wolfe Tones and RFB. 8pm Wednesday 7 July, Molloy's pub, Tallaght, DUBLIN. Táille €20. Tel Tony on 087-6139980
• SF CELEBRATORY FUNCTION: For Cork City and County. 9pm Friday 9 July, Ardmanning, TOGHER, County Cork. Music by the Irish Brigade. Táille €10
• VOLUNTEER COMMEMORATION: For Volunteer Patrick Cannon. Assemble 2.30pm Saturday 10 July, Darndale Roundabout, Malahide Road, DUBLIN. Speaker: Cllr Daithí Doolan
• LONG KESH BURNING COMMEMORATION COMMITTEE: A committee has been set up to organise the 30th Anniversary reunion function to commemorate 16 October 1974 burning of Long Kesh. We also plan a major exhibition of photos and artifacts covering the pre and post period. Were you there? Had you a loved one sentenced or interned during that period? can you help? Please send your photos or written memories. We will return(if requested) your pictures by next post. Contact Kevin Carson, Moyard House, 203 Glen Road, Belfast, BT118BU, County Antrim. Fax 02890 308049. E Mail; [email protected]
Blanchardstown SF Lotto
10 June. Nos: 2,8,18. 2 winners: Ann Di and John E.
County Louth SF Lotto
Nos drawn: 1,4,11,23. No jackpot winner. 4 x €25 winners. Margaret Mullen, Aidan Martin, McGivern, Larry Donnelly, Peter Sherry. Next jackpot €3,050
Sth Derry SF lotto
21 June. Winning nos, 6,10,13,15. No jackpot winners. 1 x £50 winner: Swan Kerr, c/o Ballinascreen. Next week's jackpot £150
Sth Derry Regional Development Draw
1st: House no 20, O'Cahan Park, Dungiven; 2nd: £10,000; 3rd: £5,000; 4th: £3,000; 5th: £2,000, plus 3 prizes of £1,000. Draw and folk night in the Elk, Toome, 9.30pm Saturday 26 June. Music by Irish Brigade
Winning letters: mn, d, te, ls. €/£20 winners: Declan Donohue, Frankie Freehill, Wayne O'Grady, Karl McQuaine. Next draw 22 June
South Down Memorial Committee Lotto
Date 14/6/04. Jackpot £1500. Winning numbers 14,16,19,23. No Winners
Louis Leonard Sinn Féin Cumann, Newtownbutler ten-week draw.
Week Ten: 1st: £300, Gerard Donoghue; 2nd: £200, Adrian Dunigan; 3rd: £100, Pearse Crudden (all Newtownbutler)
Protest against Bush
A series of protests have been organised for the visit of US President George W Bush to Ireland this weekend and we are calling on all Sinn Féin activists and supporters to mobilise for these events.
The protest in Dublin is on this Friday 25 June at 7pm from Parnell Square. Please bring cumann banners, placards etc. Irish republicans should be at the forefront of opposition to imperialism.
Buses have been organised to the summit in Dromoland Castle and are leaving from Liberty Hall at 6am on Saturday 26 June.
For further details please contact
Justin @ 086 3667694.