An Phoblacht Magazine
AN PHOBLACHT MAGAZINE:
- Don't miss your chance to get the first edition of 2019 published to coincide with the 100th anniversary of An Chéad Dáil and Soloheadbeg.
- In this edition Gerry Adams sets out the case for active abstentionism, Mícheál Mac Donncha takes us back to January 21st 1919, that fateful day after which here was no going back and Aengus Ó Snodaigh gives an account of the IRA attack carried out on the same day of the First Dáil, something that was to have a profound effect on the course of Irish history.
- There are also articles about the aftermath of the 8th amendment campaign, the Rise of the Right and the civil rights movement.
Will the euro survive?
The people of Greece have just held their second general election in a few months and public opinion is fairly evenly divided between those opposed to the current 'bailout' terms and those willing to accept it. Spain is also coming under increasing pressure on the financial markets with many analysts suggesting it is only a matter of time before the government in Madrid has to look for a 'bailout'. So what now for the single currency?
Total votes: 450
- Yes – the euro will survive in to the future: 103 (22.9%)
- Yes – the euro will survive but only as currency of core countries: 91 (20.2%)
- No – the euro will be gone before end of 2012: 44 (9.8%)
- No – the euro will struggle on for this year but will be gone before 2015: 212 (47.1%)