18 June 2012
Will the euro survive?
The people of Greece have just held their second general election in a few months and public opinion is fairly evenly divided between those opposed to the current 'bailout' terms and those willing to accept it. Spain is also coming under increasing pressure on the financial markets with many analysts suggesting it is only a matter of time before the government in Madrid has to look for a 'bailout'. So what now for the single currency?
Total votes: 450
- Yes – the euro will survive in to the future: 103 (22.9%)
- Yes – the euro will survive but only as currency of core countries: 91 (20.2%)
- No – the euro will be gone before end of 2012: 44 (9.8%)
- No – the euro will struggle on for this year but will be gone before 2015: 212 (47.1%)
What did Stephen Nolan having BNP leader Nick Griffin on his live BBC TV show achieve?
THE appearance of Nick Griffin MEP, leader of the neo-fascist British National Party, at the Orange Order's Ulster Covenant Centenary events at Stormont on Saturday provoked criticism on Twitter.
Griffin responded on Twitter at the start of a diatribe over several days that led to complaints to the PSNI under race-hate laws:
“So Ulster pics have upset my republican stalkers. Tell you what, the bodhran can’t match the lambeg, you Fenian bastards.”
Stephen Nolan invited an unrepentant Griffin on the show to defend his comments.
Total votes: 261
- Gave the BNP a platform even if Griffin is an idiot: 81 (31%)
- Helped expose Nick Griffin as an idiot: 93 (35.6%)
- Both: 87 (33.3%)