30 September 2004 Edition
Imeachtaí and Draw Results
• REPUBLICAN FUNCTION: Featuring Spirit of Freedom. Friday 1 October, Finches Lounge, Clondalkin, DUBLIN. Táille €7
• COLOMBIA FUNCTION: Bring Them Home Campaign (Columbia 3), presents Take it Easy plus guest artists. Friday 1 October, McDermotts GAC, Falls Road, BELFAST, County Antrim. Táille £4
• BENEFIT FUNCTION: Cumann Na Méirleach Poblachtach Éireannach presents Píobairí Na Méirleach benefit with Phoenix Folk plus Joey O's. Friday 1 October, Felon's Clubrooms, Falls Road, BELFAST, County Antrim
• SF ELECTION CELEBRATION FUNCTION: For Noel Campbell. 9.30pm Friday 1 October, Bourdon Bar, CASTLEBAR, County Mayo.
• CONFERENCE: A Charter of Rights for the island of Ireland. One-Day Conference to Debate and Explore the Issues at: Devere Hall, Áras na Mac Léinn (Student Centre). Saturday 2 October, University College, CORK. Fee: Solicitors, Barristers, Others, €50; Community and Voluntary Sector, €35; Students, €10; Unwaged, Free
• SF RACE NIGHT: Tuesday 5 October, Liz Deleaney's Bar, Northside Shopping Centre, Coolock, DUBLIN. Organised by Dublin SF
• RE-UNION FUNCTION: Grand reunion 30th Ann of the Burning of the Camp. Friday 15 October, Devenish Arms, Finaghy Road, BELFAST, County Antrim
• EUROPEAN SOCIAL FORUM: Another World is Possible. 15-17 October, LONDON, England. Details on www.fse-esf.org
• RE-UNION FUNCTION: Portlaoise Re-union in honour of the 30th Anniversary of 1974 Portlaoise Escape. 8pm (late bar) Friday 22 October 2004, Carrickdale Hotel, Ravensdale, County Louth. Tickets €25 per person. Further details contact Robert Campbell 07843061781. Coiste Belfast 028 90 200770. Coiste Dublin 01 878 2301
• SF DINNER DANCE/FUNCTION: Featuring ballads, followed by DJ. Friday 12 November, Parnell Room, Royal Dublin Hotel, O'Connell Street, DUBLIN. Prominent speaker. Organised by Sinn Féin Atha Cliath. Tickets from Ciarán on 087-2877054; Dublin SF, 58 Parnell Square, tel 01-8728265/01-8729004; SF Bookshop, 44 Parnell Sq
• WTS EVENTS: Wolfe Tone Society Benefit social Saturday 25 September, Mannions Bar, Prince Arthur, Broad lane, LONDON N15 (nearest tube Seven Sisters) with Banna Strand from 9pm till late. Tickets £3 advance, £4 door; European Social Forum London. The Wolfe Tone Society along with other Organisations will be putting on several Seminars and Workshops aswell as cultural events for the ESF which will run fron 14-17 October in Central London. If you want to help please come along to our monthly meetings or contact us by : Tel: 020 8442 8778, email: [email protected] or write to WTS at BM Box 6191, London WC1N 3XX
• TOM EVENT: A Special Event marking the 4th Anniversary of the Human Rights Act South West Civil Rights Forum. Unfinished Business, Murder, Racist Violence, Collusion, Public Inquiries and family struggles for truth and justice. Saturday 2 October, 11.30am-1.30pm & 2.30pm-4.30pm, Royal Clarence Hotel, Cathedral Yard, Exeter City Centre. Speakers to include: Cahil McElhinny - Bloody Sunday Relatives. Brother of Kevin who was murdered by the British Army on Bloody Sunday; John O‚Dowd MLA, and Sinn Féin spokesperson for Health and Public Safety, Suresh Grover - National Civil Rights Movement, Co-ordinator Stephen Lawrence Family Campaign; Imtiaz Amin - Zahid Mubarek Family Campaign, Uncle of Zahid Mubarek who was beaten to death by a racist inside Feltham YOI; Mark Sykes ~ An Fhirinne (The Truth), Injured in the Sean Graham Massacre - Campaigning for the truth about Collusion Organised jointly by and for further information: National Civil Rights Movement - NCRM. (Jon 07940 115827) [email protected] www.ncrm.org.uk
• SYMPOSIUM: 8th Annual Roger Casement Symposium. 11am-5pm Saturday 16 October, Buswells Hotel 25 Molesworth St, DUBLIN. Theme: War and Atrocity. Speakers: Jack Moylett, Ted O'Sullivan, John O'Shea and Fintan Dunne. All day event. All welcome. Admission free
• LONG KESH COMMEMORATIVE COMMITTEE: A committee has been set up to organise the 30th Anniversary reunion function to commemorate the 16 October 1974 burning of Long Kesh. We also plan a major exhibition of photos and artifacts covering the pre and post period. Were you there? Had you a loved one sentenced or interned during that period? Can you help? Please send your photos or written memories. We will return (if requested) your pictures by next post. Contact Kevin Carson, Moyard House, 203 Glen Road, Belfast, BT11 8BU, County Antrim. Fax 02890 308049. E Mail; [email protected]
DRUMS: 1 year old : 2 Red Andante tenor drums in new condition. Priced to sell £160 pair. 10 matching war-mac pipe chanters, good condition and tone, never cut or altered £300. 22 bottle green jackets, assorted sizes, small to size 46. Very good condition and very good buy. Telephone 07731647058 or 02871291843 after 9.30 am.
Blanchardstown SF Lotto
23 September. Jackpot €1,000. Winning nos: 19,23,24. Winner: M Heffernan, no 13603. Next week's €160
Sth Derry SF Lotto,
27 September, No jackpot winners. 1 x £50 winner. G Scullion, c/o Newbridge. Next week's jackpot £800
North Antrim Sinn Féin Development Draw
£75, ticket no 303, Rasharkin. £25, ticket no 392, Dunloy. £20, ticket no 517, Toomebridge.
South Down Memorial Committee lotto
Jackpot £2,200. Date 27/9/04. Winning numbers 3,7,12,21. No jackpot winners. 5 x £10 winners.