26 January 2013
Willie Frazer’s horse nonsense
'The IRA were involved with putting horsemeat into beef products?'
WILLIE FRAZER, the ‘expert’ often trotted out on TV and radio to give us an insight into what's in unionists' heads, has run away with himself with another wild claim about Irish republican horseplay – the IRA is responsible for putting horsemeat in burgers!
James Bennett at University Times asks Willie ('They Took Our Flegs!') a number of questions which elicit some dodgy answers from the Armagh myth peddler, including the following:
James Bennett: The IRA were involved with putting horsemeat into beef products?
James Bennett: Why would they do that?
Willie: To make money. It’s the same with cows that have to be sold within a certain number of months after they’re born. Basically, old fat cows that are 30 months old have been put into the food chain because the republicans have the means of getting it in. And a blind eye has been turned to it. This is the kind of thing that’s going on that we’re sick of . . . There is a blind eye being turned to so much fraud so that they don’t upset the peace process. That is what is creating the problems here.
I wonder what they've been feeding Willie lately.
Sinn Féin National Draw 2016
An initiative for dialogue
— — — — — — —
Contributions from key figures in the churches, academia and wider civic society as well as senior republican figures
Premium Online Service For Only €10 Per Year
For less than €1 a month, you get An Phoblacht’s Premium Online Service. Sign up today!
- Full access to all An Phoblacht articles
- Interactive online PDF Booklet of each edition
- Access to our historic Archives
- Discounts for the Online Sinn Féin Shop
Special 1916 Centenary Edition
• Introduction by Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams
• 1916 Ceannairí | Biographies of the leading men and women who took part in the Rising
• Seven Days, Seven Men, Seven Hills | By Éamonn Mac Thomáis, republican activist, writer and historian
• Women in struggle | by Máire Comerford, a lifelong republican who witnessed central events in 1916-23
• Chronology of events
• Map and description of the main battles and major events
• The Rising outside Dublin
• Stop press! Censorship and the media reaction to Easter 1916
• Roger Casement | 1916 rebel and a national hero on the Faroe Islands
• Internationalists in the Easter Rising | Scandinavian rebels in the GPO and ANZAC troops in Trinity College