7 January 2013
Dublin fundraiser for Basque political prisoners on day of Bilbao national rally next Saturday
The Twitter hashtag for the event in Bilbao on Saturday to support Basque prisoners and their families is #U12Bilbora
A FUNDRAISER for Basque political prisoners is to be held on Saturday 12 January in Seomra Spraoi, Dublin.
The event – which is happening on the same day as a massive demonstration in support of Basque POWs in Bilbao and calling for repatriation to the Basque Country – is being organised by the Dublin Basque Soldiarity Committee.
Entry to the event is €8 (€5 unwaged) and doors open at 8pm with funds raised going towards the families of Basque political prisoners.
The night will begin with folk and traditional music followed by DJs spinning a mixture of ska, punk, garage, reggae and much more. Clips from the huge rally in Bilbao will also be shown.
More information is available from the Basque Committee Facebook page.
An initiative for dialogue
— — — — — — —
Contributions from key figures in the churches, academia and wider civic society as well as senior republican figures
Premium Online Service For Only €10 Per Year
For less than €1 a month, you get An Phoblacht’s Premium Online Service. Sign up today!
- Full access to all An Phoblacht articles
- Interactive online PDF Booklet of each edition
- Access to our historic Archives
- Discounts for the Online Sinn Féin Shop
Special 1916 Centenary Edition
• Introduction by Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams
• 1916 Ceannairí | Biographies of the leading men and women who took part in the Rising
• Seven Days, Seven Men, Seven Hills | By Éamonn Mac Thomáis, republican activist, writer and historian
• Women in struggle | by Máire Comerford, a lifelong republican who witnessed central events in 1916-23
• Chronology of events
• Map and description of the main battles and major events
• The Rising outside Dublin
• Stop press! Censorship and the media reaction to Easter 1916
• Roger Casement | 1916 rebel and a national hero on the Faroe Islands
• Internationalists in the Easter Rising | Scandinavian rebels in the GPO and ANZAC troops in Trinity College