6 December 2012
Budget 2013: People aren’t just getting angry – they’re getting organised
Rise in people joining Sinn Féin after crushing austerity Budget
PEOPLE hit by the Fine Gael/Labour Party Austerity Budget aren’t just getting angry, they’re getting organised – they’re joining Sinn Féin.
Sinn Féin told An Phoblacht on Thursday, the day after Budget 2013, that there has been a steady stream of new member applications to join Sinn Féin by phone and email.
Callers to Sinn Féin Head Office in Dublin have thanked the party for its fightback, particularly after powerful performances in the Dáil and on TV and radio by TDs Pearse Doherty and Mary Lou McDonald.
If you’d like to do more than get angry – to register as a supporter to help out now and then or become a member – then contact Sinn Féin here.
Below: A Labour Party advertisement in the dying days of the general election in February 2011 haunting Labour after its Budget 2013 cuts
Special 1916 Centenary Edition
• Introduction by Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams
• 1916 Ceannairí | Biographies of the leading men and women who took part in the Rising
• Seven Days, Seven Men, Seven Hills | By Éamonn Mac Thomáis, republican activist, writer and historian
• Women in struggle | by Máire Comerford, a lifelong republican who witnessed central events in 1916-23
• Chronology of events
• Map and description of the main battles and major events
• The Rising outside Dublin
• Stop press! Censorship and the media reaction to Easter 1916
• Roger Casement | 1916 rebel and a national hero on the Faroe Islands
• Internationalists in the Easter Rising | Scandinavian rebels in the GPO and ANZAC troops in Trinity College
An initiative for dialogue
— — — — — — —
Contributions from key figures in the churches, academia and wider civic society as well as senior republican figures
Premium Online Service For Only €10 Per Year
For less than €1 a month, you get An Phoblacht’s Premium Online Service. Sign up today!
- Full access to all An Phoblacht articles
- Interactive online PDF Booklet of each edition
- Access to our historic Archives
- Discounts for the Online Sinn Féin Shop