26 November 2012
Photo Gallery – 18,000 at Dublin Council of Trade Unions anti-austerity march
An estimated 18,000 people marched through the streets of Dublin on Saturday 24 November calling for a fair budget and demanding an end to the government's austerity policies which have unfairly targeted the least well-off in society.
Speaking at the rally Sinn Féin spokesperson on Social Protection Aengus Ó Snodaigh TD said: "The government can continue to target low and middle income earners or it can implement the right policies which would ensure that those who have more pay more."
Special 1916 Centenary Edition
• Introduction by Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams
• 1916 Ceannairí | Biographies of the leading men and women who took part in the Rising
• Seven Days, Seven Men, Seven Hills | By Éamonn Mac Thomáis, republican activist, writer and historian
• Women in struggle | by Máire Comerford, a lifelong republican who witnessed central events in 1916-23
• Chronology of events
• Map and description of the main battles and major events
• The Rising outside Dublin
• Stop press! Censorship and the media reaction to Easter 1916
• Roger Casement | 1916 rebel and a national hero on the Faroe Islands
• Internationalists in the Easter Rising | Scandinavian rebels in the GPO and ANZAC troops in Trinity College
An initiative for dialogue
— — — — — — —
Contributions from key figures in the churches, academia and wider civic society as well as senior republican figures
Premium Online Service For Only €10 Per Year
For less than €1 a month, you get An Phoblacht’s Premium Online Service. Sign up today!
- Full access to all An Phoblacht articles
- Interactive online PDF Booklet of each edition
- Access to our historic Archives
- Discounts for the Online Sinn Féin Shop