3 March 2005 Edition
Imeachaí and Draw Results
• ARD FHEIS TABLE QUIZ: €25 per table. 8pm Friday 4 March, Madison Bar, Rathmines, DUBLIN. Organised by Rathmines SF
• SF ARD FEIS FUNCTION: Ballads Featuring Law of the Land and DJ. 8pm Saturday 5 March, Green Room, Holiday Inn, Pearse Street, DUBLIN. Táille/Tickets €10
• INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY DEMO: Assemble 6pm Tuesday 8 March, Art House, Curve Street, Temple Bar, DUBLIN and proceeds to Leinster House for speakers. Gig afterwards in Temple Bar. Full details of Women's Day Festival on www.amnesty.ie
• ROBERT EMMET ASSOCIATION LECTURE: 2nd annual Spring lecture by Niall Gillespie M Phil. on William Sampson -- United Irishman and response from Dr Kevin Whelan PhD, Director Keough Notre Dame Centre. 6pm Thursday 10 March, Keough Notre Dame Centre, O'Connell House, Merrion Square, DUBLIN
• REPUBLICAN COMMEMORATION: The annual Clonard Martyrs Commemoration function will take place on Friday 11 March, the Felons' Club, BELFAST, County Antrim. Live music by Take it Easy followed by disco. 8pm til late
• SF FUNCTION: Featuring Spirit of Freedom. 9.45pm Saturday 12 March, the Cellar Bar, SKIBEREEN, County Cork
• SF TABLE QUIZ: 4pm Sunday 13 March, Philly Ryan's pub, NENAGH, County Tipperary
• REPUBLICAN COMMEMORATION: Annual Clonard Memorial ceremony. Milltown Cemetery, BELFAST, Sunday 13 March. Assemble at Cemetery Gates
• REPUBLICAN FUNCTION: Music by Living Proof. 8.30pm Wednesday 16 March, Madison Bar, Rathmines, DUBLIN. Organised by Rathmines SF
• VOLUNTEER COMMEMORATION: Annual Volunteer Tom Smith commemoration. Assemble 2.30pm Thursday 17 March, Berkeley Road Church, DUBLIN.
• SF EASTER FUNCTION: After commemoration ballad session by Law of the Land. 5pm Sunday 26 March, Ormond Hotel, Ormond Quay, DUBLIN. Táille €8
• CÉAD SF 100/EASTER DINNER DANCE: 8pm Easter Saturday 26 March, Holiday Inn, Pearse Street, DUBLIN. Táille €50. Traditional music, Presentations, Easter Power Point Display, Late bar, Raffle and Disco. Organised by Sinn Féin Atha Cliath. Tickets from Ciarán Heaphey on 087-2877054/Andy Kavanagh on 087-2444207/Dublin Office 58 Parnell Square on 01-8728265. E mail: [email protected]
• SF CENTENARY CELEBRATION: 9.30pm Sunday 27 March, Munster Arms Hotel, BANDON, County Cork. Music by Black Rose. Táille €7
• PLAY: A play by Danny Morrison. Directed by Sarah Tipple. Pleasance Theatre, Carpenters Mews, North Road London N7 9EF (nearest tube Caledonian Road), ENGLAND. 12-26 March 7:45pm. Sunday performance 5:15pm (No performance on Mondays). Tickets £8/£6 concessions. Bookings: 0207 609 1800
• WTS MEETINGS: Thurs 3 Mar 2005: Wolfe Tone Society monthly organising meeting at the Camden Irish Centre, Murray Street, London NW1 starts 8pm prompt. Meet in bar; Sun 13 Mar: St Patrick's Day Parade through Central London. Wolfe Tone Society section assemble 11am Hyde Park Corner (Nearest tube station Hyde Park ). Parade Finishes in Trafalgar Square. Please make an effort to show a Republican presence on the parade; Sat 2 April: Wolfe Tone Society 2nd Annual Dinner & Dance Guest of Honour Martin Ferris TD Sinn Fein at the Emerald Rooms, GAA Club, Ruislip, West End Road, South Ruislip. Tickets: £35. Please order early as event was over subscribed last year. Contact details: Peter: 07956 919 871. Denis: 07870 838 509. For further details: Contact [email protected] or call 020 8442 8778 and leave a message. Write to: Wolfe Tone society BM Box 6191, London WC1N 3XX
• REPUBLICAN COMMEMORATION: Annual Roddy McCorley commemoration. 4pm Tuesday 29 March, TOOMEBRIDGE, County antrim. Local Sinn Féin representative Henry Cushninan will chair the proceedings. Prominent speaker in attendance.
• SF FUNCTION: Featuring the Spirit of Freedom and RFB, and DJ. 8pm Friday 22 April, Molloy's pub, Tallaght, DUBLIN. Táille €10
• NEW CUMANN: Martin Hurson SF Cumann, Raharney, County Westmeath. Looking for new members
• THE SF advice centre in Downpatrick is moving, however, anyone wishing to contact any of the party's representatives and/or councillors and assembly members can do on Downpatrick 028 44 614405 (phone and fax)
• FOR SALE: 2 x White snare drums (premier) £160 pair; 1 x white bass drum - new heads - £180; 2 x as new Ferrari red plastic shell lightweight tenor drums (Andante) £180; 1 x white bass drum carrier & 5 x white side drum carriers £120 set; 2 x black leather carriers £30 pair; 5 x white rope lanyards £50 set; 1 x black premier snare drum £75. Contact Vincent 07731 647058
• NEW GIRLS RFB, Mná na hÉireann, Rasharkin. All new members welcome. Band practice every Monday night at 7:30p.m in Rasharkin Parochial hall. Anyone interested in joining should contact: Kerry-Anne on 07862274008 or Joanne on: 07862745884
DUBLIN EASTER EVENTS 2005
• SF CEAD BLIAIN EXHIBITION: Tues/Wed 22nd and 23rd March - Gymnasium St Michael's School, Inchicore; Thurs/Fri. 24th and 25th March - Lwr Cherry Orchard Centre, Ballyfermot; Sat 26th March. James St. Parochial Hall;
• PUBLIC DEBATE: Tuesday 22nd - The Search for A Republic Visionary or Criminal? in Wynns Hotel, Abbey Street Dublin 1.
• BOOK LAUNCH: Wednesday 23rd March Re-Launch of Down Dublin Streets @ 8pm in McDowell's Pub, Inchicore, Dublin 8. Written by Eamon Mac Thomais in 1965.
• FILM NIGHT: Thursday 24th March Showing of Tan War film, The Dawn. 8pm in the Teachers' Club, Parnell Square. 1916
• WALKING TOUR: Friday 25th March - Meeting at gates of Trinity College @ 2pm Trinity College gates. The tour will be conducted by renowned Dublin historians Shane MacThomais and Lorcan Collins. Táille €5. Hunger Strike Memorial 5-a-side soccer tournament - Fri 25th March @ 12 noon in Eamonn Ceannt Park, Sundrive Road. Contact Robert Sargent 086 8694689.
• EASTER SATURDAY 26 March: Wreath-laying Ceremony: Assemble at Arbour Hill Cemetery, 11am. Speaker: 1981 Hunger Striker Bernard Fox. Ballyfermot. Assemble 12pm - 374 Ballyfermot Road (Sinn Féin Constituency Office) and marching to Markievicz Park Crumlin Assemble 2.30pm at Errigal Field (back of Crumlin hospital) and 2.45pm Crumlin Shopping Centre - march to Eamonn Ceannt Park. Refreshments and entertainment afterwards in the Transport Club, Clogher Road. Howth Assemble 2pm The East Pier Howth. Dinner Dance: Saturday 26th March. Easter/SF Cead Bliain Átha Cliath Dinner Dance, Holiday Inn Pearse St Dublin 2. Tickets: €50. 4 Course Dinner, Trad music, Power Point Display, Presentations, DJ, Raffle. Guest speaker: Bernard Fox (1981 Hunger Striker). Ring Ciarán on 087-2877054 for tickets.
• EASTER SUNDAY 27 March. Wreath Laying: Assemble 11am Gates of Glasnevin Cemetery. March to Republican Monument for ceremony. Main Commemoration: Assemble Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, 1.30pm. Parade will leave at 2.30pm for march to GPO. Main rally will be addressed. Prominent speaker. Music and pageant at GPO. Function: Function afterwards in the Ormond Hotel, Ormond Quay, ballads from Law of the Land. Táille €6
• EASTER MONDAY 28 MARCH: Dún Laoghaire SF Easter Commemoration. Assemble 2.30pm, Baker's Corner and march to Deansgrange Cemetery.
Events organised by Coiste Cuimhneacháin Atha Cliath, 58 Parnell Square. Tel: Ciarán 087-2877054
South Down Memorial Committee Lotto
Winning nos of draw 28/02/05. Winning nos 4,7,20,23. No jackpot winners. Jackpot stands at £800. £50 winners L. Croskery; D/Patrick. J McLoughlin; Hilltown. K Kelly; Hilltown
Donegal SF Lotto
23 February. Winning nos: 12,14,23,24. No Jackpot Winner 1 Match 3 Numbers wins €100. Hugh Boyce, Carrigart. Jackpot €650
South Derry Republican Draw
Wk 1 Results 1st Prize: £300. Winning no 1134. Area Bellaghy; 2nd Prize: £100, Winning No 541 Area: Toomebridge; 3rd Prize: £50 Winning No 508 Area: Portglenone; 4th Prize: £50. Winning No 216. Area Gulladuff. Bonus Prize every ten weeks of £500