23 February 2013
9th annual 'Israeli Apartheid Week' events in Ireland
Last year, events were held in more than 250 cities across the globe
THE 9th annual Israeli Apartheid Week is held in cities and campuses across the globe between 23 February and 1 March.
In Ireland, the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign (IPSC) will be organising a week of events to raise awareness about Israel's apartheid policies towards the Palestinians and to build support for the growing campaign of Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions against Israel.
The IPSC says events in Ireland “will highlight the many injustices that continue to make BDS so crucial in the struggle against apartheid and for freedom, justice, equality, and peace".
Full list of events here.
An initiative for dialogue
— — — — — — —
Contributions from key figures in the churches, academia and wider civic society as well as senior republican figures
Premium Online Service For Only €10 Per Year
For less than €1 a month, you get An Phoblacht’s Premium Online Service. Sign up today!
- Full access to all An Phoblacht articles
- Interactive online PDF Booklet of each edition
- Access to our historic Archives
- Discounts for the Online Sinn Féin Shop
Special 1916 Centenary Edition
• Introduction by Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams
• 1916 Ceannairí | Biographies of the leading men and women who took part in the Rising
• Seven Days, Seven Men, Seven Hills | By Éamonn Mac Thomáis, republican activist, writer and historian
• Women in struggle | by Máire Comerford, a lifelong republican who witnessed central events in 1916-23
• Chronology of events
• Map and description of the main battles and major events
• The Rising outside Dublin
• Stop press! Censorship and the media reaction to Easter 1916
• Roger Casement | 1916 rebel and a national hero on the Faroe Islands
• Internationalists in the Easter Rising | Scandinavian rebels in the GPO and ANZAC troops in Trinity College