14 April 2005 Edition
Imeachtaí and Draw Results
• PUBLIC TALK: Cork Political Culture during the War of Independence. An answer to Eoghan Harris, Peter Hart, Kevin Myers and others by Dr Brian P Murphy OSB. Incorporating the launch of The Catholic Bulletin and Republican Ireland by Dr Brian P Murphy. 8pm Friday 15 April, Imperial Hotel, South Mall, CORK CITY
• ANTI-DRUGS PICKET: 12-1pm Saturday 16 April, Dolphin's Barn Bridge, DUBLIN. Organised by logue/Marley SF Cumann
• SF PICKET: against Anti-Social Behaviour. Assemble 1.30pm Saturday 16 April, outside Clock pub, Thomas Street, DUBLIN. Organised by Joe Clarke SF Cumann
• REPUBLICAN COMMEMORATION: 65th Volunteer Tony Darcy commemoration. Assemble 3pm Sunday 17 April, Quelly's Cross, Donaghpatrick Cemetery, HEADFORD, County Galway. Speaker: Raymond McCartney
• SF FUNCTION: Featuring the Spirit of Freedom and RFB, and DJ. 8pm Friday 22 April, Molloy's pub, Tallaght, DUBLIN. Táille €10
• REPUBLICAN COMMEMORATION: Crossbarry Ambush commemoration. 7pm Sunday 24 April, the Monument, CROSSBARRY, County Cork. Cainteoir, Derek Warfield (formerly of Wolf Tones) . Dinnéar agus ceol san Óstán Munster Arms BANDON, County Cork. Fáilte roimh chách. Eagraithe ag an coiste comóradh Cilmhichíl/Crosabharraigh
• VOLUNTEER COMMEMORATION: For Volunteer Hugh Hehir. Assemble 2.30pm Sunday 1 May, National School, CLARECASTLE, County Clare and march to Hill Cemetery. Speaker: Seán Oliver, Belfast
• BALLAD SESSION: Featuring The Irish Brigade, Friday 6 May, The Big Tree, Clogherhead, County Louth. Tickets €10. Organised by Clogherhead Sinn Féin. Information Contact Sineád 041 9873823
• PHOTO EXHIBITION: North Inner City Folklore Project in Dublin is organising a photographic exhibition, titled Looking Back, to be shown this September at the Belvedere Youth Club on Lower Buckingham Street. As part of that exhibition, which will document the history of the area in photographs, archivist Terry Fagan is seeking pictures of Belfast newsboys, who regularly played football against the Belvedere Newsboys Club in Dublin from the 1930s to the 1950s. Anyone who may have relevant material to lend is asked to contact Terry Fagan at +353 87 9210673. All material will be guarded with his life, copied and promptly returned
• REPUBLICAN MATERIAL: Kevin O'Reilly has materials and documents relating to republican history, from 1798 to the present day, available for anyone organising exhibitions around the country. Some of the material is already framed and under glass. Those interested in organising exhibitions in this, Sinn Féin's centenary year, should contact Kevin at (049) 9522625
• FOR SALE: White Premier Bass Drum, Beautiful condition, new heads. Very clean 12x28 £180. Also 4 leather drums straps £60. 2 Premier side drums and leg rests would suit learners or female players (will sell separately) £140 pair. Phone Vincent 07731-647058
In order to cover rising costs there is a charge of €10/£7 for inserts printed in our Imeachtaí column (carried in our print edition and on our website, www.anphoblacht.com).
Cheque or Credit Card number must be sent along with details for all Imeachtaí inserts before inclusion.
South Down Memorial Committee
Draw date 11/4/05. WINNING NoS 5,18,19,23. No jackpot winner. Jackpot now stands at £1,100. This weeks winner: JP Farrand, Downpatrick.
Donegal SF Lotto
Winning numbers 6 April: 4,7,20,21. No jackpot winner. 2 match 3 numbers wins €25. P McFeeley, Moville; Damian Irwin, Castlefin. Jackpot €750
Weekly South Derry Republican Draw
Week 7: 1st Prize: £300 Winning numbers:1593, P Kealy, Castledawson; 2nd: £100, 2434, H McKenna, Lavey; 3rd: £50, 1161, R McErlean Portglenone; 4th: £50, 1182, O & T Lavery, Ardboe